Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Brews - Buddies - Bikes

Hi again,

I thought that I ought to be the first to announce the amazing news Emma and I have. That's right - we are having ... beer! On the weekend and with the container arrived, I began my first beer brewing process. I have started out with a Munton's Wheat beer. I am a big fan of wheat beers - in particular a Redback, so I have decided to give this variety a try. I also have started brewing a simple Aussie Draught beer which should be nice to enjoy after a big ride in summer. Bottling should take place by this weekend and be ready for drinking in about 3 weeks after that - although the longer you leave them the better apparrently. I have been collecting local beer bottles since arriving (emptied by yours truly of course) and have a good collection but Zac (brother) lent me his longneck bottles which I shipped over here in our container. I have about enough bottles for close to 100 litres of beer so I should be able to get a few different brews maturing to ensure that I don't run out of quality beer at any stage.

Also Pikey (Mitchell Pike) from uni in Tassie arrived in Stavanger on Monday. He is here with his company (the Enemy!) Acergy and will be here for around 6 months although it seems as though companies rarely want to let people go back to where they were sent from because Engineers are so needed in this environment. He is also a keen bike rider and is getting his dual suspension (dually) bike freighted over soon so it will be good to hit the trails with him. With Ryan here also a keen rider and Russ (very keen rider) in Copenhagen there shouldn't be any shortage of buddies to ride with and places to explore. In addition with the European summer season of cycling starting up soon there will be plenty of miles ridden on and off the roads.

My dually also was unwrapped from the container and I have been sussing out a few good trails when going on walks with Emma and Cooba. Particularly through this park called Sørmarker where there seems to be heaps of forest trails although I've been told by Bjarte the bike shop owner that there is plenty of heaps better places close by also. Looking forward to it.



















Thought I would attach a couple of photos from our expeditions with Clara over the weekend. There are more photos to explore in the links section to the right.
Anyway - speak soon.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment