Monday, February 19, 2007

Carnival!


This time of year is Carnival! The Carnival Season is a holiday period during the two weeks before the traditional Christian fasting of Lent. Now this wasn't exactly on the radar back in oz (except perhaps for mardi gras which I think happens at the same time), over here in the northern hemisphere its big news. My friend Monica's son Eirik went off to a party last weekend dressed as a football player for a Carnival party! And a lot of schools have a dress up day.




So I've been invited to a carnival party tomorrow night, hosted by a friend from Joel's work, Sofia who is from Argentina. I asked whether I should wear my sequinned bikini and feather head-dress, but I've been instructed to save that for a regular saturday night out in Stavanger.



I will post after and tell you all how it goes - I think its just an excuse for a girls night and some traditional sweets.

Emma.

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys...good to hear you are both well. Dom and I just got back from our honeymoon. You were both missed at the wedding - in particular joel and his tendency for nude runs at weddings! Was all good though! keep blogging. It's great to hear what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent guys . Glad to hear the wedding went well and I hope the honeymoon was fantastic - would love to hear all about it. Email us your home number and we'll give you guys a buzz.
    Love J & E

    ReplyDelete
  3. um its (02) 9380 7918....I never know which email is current. I seem to have about five for you at the moment in my address book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good mate. Will try and find a suitable time to give u guys a buzz.
    J&E

    ReplyDelete