Monday, March 05, 2007

Pleasant way to end the weekend!

You can only do so much waiting, so after a couple of weeks we decided it was time to open up some of the home-made Bloody Corker Cabernet-Sauvignon-Merlot Bin 1. I guess the fact that we had an impromptu gathering around with Pikey (Oz engineer at Acergy), Al (Scot engineer at SS7), Ryan (Oz engineer at SS7), Kirsty (Noggie engineer at SS7), Em, I, cheese, olives, grapes, chocolate, cookies, beer, and only a limited supply of wine, meant that we had to crack open a bottle or three to keep things happy!

Poor Em was feeling a little worse for wear with the starts of the flu, but everyone else (apart from Al who was driving his 1978 Porsche 911 home and had to be under 0.02% BAC - I've got a photo of Em driving it but will have to drag it off the camera) managed to get stuck into a bit of the home made plonk. I was quite nervous about dishing it up but everyone was pleasantly surprised at how drinkable it was - Ryan even commented that it was VDD (very definitely drinkable).

So that was a great way to end the weekend, with some wine, food, and friends. However I woke up this morning at 5:45am for my ride to work and I looked out the window and saw the trees swaying in the distance. It also started raining but I thought I would give it a go anyway. Well I probably shouldn't have. I got a puncture in the dark, and had hail hitting me in the eyeballs (one even hit my bell and I thought that it was someone trying to overtake me), nearly got blown into the North Sea over the bridge towards work by a gust of 40+ knots of wind, and got into work about 20 mins late! My shoulder was also a bit sore from nearly dislocating it on a ride through Sørmarker on Saturday with Cooba (I also got rained upon there).

Hopefully my week improves. We are planning on going up to Sauda this weekend with Mari (a Norwegian girl from my work) and her Aussie boyfriend (Kev), as well as Ryan (and maybe others). We will hopefully get a bit of skiing in with plenty of photos. Hopefully Em's flu improves by the weekend as she took the day off work today.

I promise to get more photos up on the webpage too. In the meantime here is one from the fjord tour with Clara and Ryan from last weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the wine's a success, I guess that means full steam ahead with production?? Hope you're feeling better soon Emma, I bet Cooby is enjoying having you at home for the day : ) Joel, your riding adventures of late sound like a nightmare! I definitely won't be passing on these stories to Bernadette. Lots of love, FZACT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers FZACT.

    Emma is already feeling a little better today but I am trying to convince her to have another day off work to recover (I think she might be still tucked up in bed right now).

    Will wait and see before wine production goes commercial, although the beer production is another story ... definitely commercial!

    I caught the bus today!

    J

    ReplyDelete