Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Emma in our new buzzbox - and other pics!

As you have probably heard, the standard of living in Norway (particularly so in Stavanger) is one of the highest in the world. As such I thought it appropriate that we get a car to match the living conditions so we traded in our royal blue 1997 VW Polo for a red 1978 Porsche 911. Actually just before you quit your jobs and come and find one in Stavanger, it really isn't ours and we haven't gotten rid of our lovely Polo yet, this was the car I mentioned in the post below that our friend Alistair from the UK owns. Its a pretty cool car although the first time he took me for a ride in it, in the snow and ice, with summer tyres on, speeding through one of the many tunnels in town, I couldn't help but think of Diana and Dodi!

















Anyway, I promised more photos so here is the one of Emma in the car. Also here is a pic of Stavanger from the bridge over to Grasholmen. It is quite a nice walk over to this little island where most of the yachts in Stavanger live. I am making contacts with some people in order to get some sailing experience in the North Sea. It is my dream one day to sail around the world (just cruising from sunny port to sunny port - an endless summer) so I feel that this is my first step.



















Also one of Em, Coobs and I. Just near this shot on the way back we saw a deer walk out of someones front yard! It wasn't just Coobs who was a bit startled as we all kind of went "Woah ... I forgot we were in Norway!". In the background is the bridge we walked over to get to town.


















And one last photo of how Cooba goes to sleep. With his head on an Australian Flag pillow. I guess he even misses the hot summer days!


1 comment:

  1. Joel

    Hoep this comment finds you two well. Beware old Porches have a way of becoming money pits. If you learn how to sale maybe you can give me some tips as I was thinking of Whitsundays and Sailing for the honeymoon. Have to work on the whole knowing how to sail thing first. If Alan Bond can do it then anyone can.
    Cheers talk soon
    Dicko

    ReplyDelete