Monday, March 19, 2007

Nasty Norwegian Strain

Hi,

I am back again. Last week I got hit with a nasty dose of the flu. I have never been hit with a virus that hard before. As most of you who know me will know that I generally enjoy my food, well to describe how badly I was affected, I didn't eat from lunchtime Tuesday until Friday night. I think I may have had a Banana in the middle somewhere but geez it hit me hard.

Unfortunately it coincided with Emma leaving for the US. She is now in San Jose, California after being in New York over the weekend. This meant that there was no chicken noodle soup to be seen at all! Bummer. I am back at work again today and have been trying to catch up on emails and find out what has been happening in the real world.

I also managed to get a mobile phone in the meantime too which means that Em is able to contact me whilst she is away. It is one of those krone-sucking pre-paid phones but will hopefully do the job for a while.

Ryan came around yesterday and helped me bottle my first 2 brews of beer. Give them a couple of weeks and they will be ready for testing. Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately with being sick I haven't got a lot of news but I'm sure Emma being in New York will have plenty of news and will have some pics to post to show what she's been up to.

I will hopefully attend a quiz night this Thursday night although it is in Norwegian so I will need some good translators. I will also be taking Coobs for plenty of walks as I felt a bit guilty that he couldn't get much exercise last week with me laid up in bed.

Hopefully a more interesting post next time.

Cheers - Joel.

2 comments:

  1. gday mate i just got back from tazzy with your awards the boat was listing with so much extra weight (not from me either), so i will give them to em when i see her good to hear you are better and i will try to use you mobile number again take care fzact

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gday Books

    Mate looks like you toughed out a hard week. Make sure you take care of yourself and stop getting out in the snow with thongs on. Send me your Mobile so I can reach out and touch you.
    Cheers

    Dicko

    ReplyDelete