Friday, November 11, 2011

Perhaps the acorn didn't fall quite as far from the tree as previously thought...

Well Joel is blogging about his latest obsession hobby, so thought I could bore you from a different angle! I come from a family of knitters (on my mum's side) and while mum taught me the basics as a kid I never really took to it. I have made a cushion cover which took about 4 years, and recently finished a scarf started in 2009, so you get the idea...! But now with a cute little person to knit for, and with new inspiration from some of the gorgeous knitted clothes Cami has been given, and with a bit of added peer pressure thanks to Regina (check out her Miss Hermelin blog, link on the side), I have picked up the needles in earnest.

Honestly I think I have been put off a bit by a lot of the knitting patterns I have seen in the past featuring designs and models from 1987. But to my surprise and delight I am finding a whole new bunch of patterns which are really modern and the kids stuff is so cute! I used a Norwegian blog/website www.pickles.no and my first ever attempt at a garment, this vest.

I think it turned out really well! I'm waiting on a wool delivery for my next project, also from pickes the Darling Dress. This will include working with two colors, circular AND double pointed needles and apparently there's crocheting involved, so wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment