Monday, April 23, 2007

Hellestø again

The weather last week was certainly very interesting. On Thursday I rode to work in the rain but as the day went on it started blowing harder and harder. I thought that would make the ride home tough, but then it got stronger again and then started snowing!!!!! In my 30-odd minute ride home I contended with Hail, Rain, Sun, Snow, then Hail again! I also had to lean on about a 20 degree angle as I rode over the bridge on the way home due to the wind. My bottom-bracket on my bike which has been loose for a little while now also started making some noise and got looser - luckily I made it home. I have now ordered another bottom-bracket from Bjarte at my local bike store Sykkelzentrum. Should be here by Wednesday and then I can get back on the bike again - at the moment it is the bus.

On Saturday morning Emma, Coobs and I went to Hellestø beach again. Emma hadn't been there before so this was a pleasant journey. Cooba also made friends with a lovely SAS airline hostess who strangely didn't mind having her entire face licked by Cooba (weird!).
Here are some pics from the beach.















We also had Mari and her Aussie boyfriend Kev over for a meal on Sat night. It was lovely and we had mussels for entre, veal scallopini (and mushrooms) for main, and double chocolate brownies for main. Very lovely. Sunday was spent walking 10km around the Stokkavatnet lakes where we stopped in at the rowing club (Stavanger Roklubb) for a nice varm sjokolade drikke!

No comments:

Post a Comment