Sunday, April 13, 2008

Just another day in the office....!

UPDATE: HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM THE PARTY.

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE THEM:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75163841@N00/sets/72157604536426740/show/

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What an amazing amazing last 24 hours it has been! Actually yesterday was the best day of my life.

I set out for the evening to celebrate my 30th birthday for a low-key drinks and dinner with Joel, only 3 hours later to find myself somehow in the middle of a huge party at my house with 30 or so of my friends all dressed up in crazy 70’s outfits, and most amazingly of all, having just accepted the marriage proposal, delivered on bended knee and accompanied by a stunning diamond, from the love of my life!

What a day. I am absolutely exhausted, thrilled, excited and very emotional. But I am just so so so happy. I can’t get the grin off my face!

The party was absolutely sensational, Joel with the help of some of beautiful, generous wonderful friends planned it all as a surprise! The house was decorated brilliantly, the food was amazing, they just thought of everything. Sally and Sam arranged a video compiled of loads of photos and video messages from home which was beamed up on a projector for everyone to see. I was just amazed and of course cried my eyes out from start to finish. What wonderful friends and family I have.

And my Joel, well what can I say. He planned the whole day, and just made everything perfect and special. I think I am still in shock that he actually did it!

We have loved sharing the news with as many friends and family as we have been able to contact, and I’m sure will continue to talk to you all over the coming days and weeks.

We will upload some photos from the party as soon as we can find the camera...!

To everyone who played a part in the best day of my life, THANK YOU. I just can’t thank you enough. And to my fiancé Joel, I love you so much and can’t wait to marry you!

Emma.


PS. I know that the girls will want to see pictures (in fact have already been asking), so here they are. We will take the diamond in to the store tomorrow to pick out a setting for it. In the meantime, I am wearing a mood ring (which changes colour with my moods) that Joel purchased from the toy store for about $3 which is just as precious to me! He says he should have done it ages ago as now he has a 'mood chart' and at a glance can tell exactly how I am feeling. Genuis!
















6 comments:

  1. Awsome party! Both be and Ulf are walking around in slow motion today! And me knees hurt from that limbo! Will mail the fantastic pics and videos we have from the event!

    And we are very very happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased for you both. Little bit teary too. Diamond looks amazing!!! love to you both sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a rock! :o)
    love you both and can't wait to see photos (video's especially) - Sal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both, what an amazing night it must have been!! Wishing you lots a love and happiness.

    Always

    Daddsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!
    Sounds like a great night!

    All the best,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Em and Joels,
    That was great news, I wish you both all the best and a very happy life together in Norway (?) and lots of little ankle biters. By the way, my wife Yu wonders if Em got a bigger diamond than she got when I proposed. So what's the carat and clarity, if I might ask? (You may e-mail me secretly, Joel)
    Cheers, Jan

    ReplyDelete