Monday, September 05, 2011

Interesting run to work this morning!

Kev offered to run with me to work this morning ... which i found a little odd as Kev simply hates running. So my suspicions were already pricked, but I though why not, a run along a beautiful fjord with a mate in the morning can't be all that bad. Little did I know that it would be more dangerous than cycling every day.

The first obstacle was the deceptively stationary barriers at the entrance to the cycle path. This barrier jumped out of nowhere to smash into my left thigh and consequently catapult me into a double pike saulto with twist. After dusting (more like wiping as it was also drizzling) myself up off the ground, we continued along ... me with a dead-leg style running gait ... and all seemed ok. I have a suspicion that there might have been a little nudge just before the barrier from Kev but it all happened far too quickly and was quite comical really ... apart from the deep haematoma to my left thigh!

Then a couple of km's further along the track, Kev "apparently" had to move over to the side to let a cyclist through and this is where the intent appeared more obvious. It might have been the pain from the dead leg causing some mild hallucinations, but I clearly remember Kev pushing me directly into the path of another deceptively stationary object ... this time a fist sized rock. Anyway, after rolling my left ankle, and barely letting out a manly groan, I hobbled along for a while and managed to pick up the pace again later.

Once at work however my ankle started to severely seize up and here I am now lying on Cami's foam play mat, drugged up to the eyeballs on anti-inflammatories, pain killers, icing and elevating and cursing Kev for the offer of a friendly run this morning.

When I can walk again, I plan to offer Kev a bike ride to work ... I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Disclaimer: Any allegations in this blog are purely allegations. No criminality can be proven until revenge is enacted.

2 comments:

  1. "little nudge"??
    Buuuuuuuuulsh*t!

    I tell ya what, some guys will go to any lengths to get out of the run home!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much Xanax are you on??!
    sal

    ReplyDelete