Monday, December 03, 2007

Only in Norway


You can imagine my delight when I was given a giant (seriously – its as big as my head) gingerbread heart today by a lovely and generous colleague, with God Jul written on it with icing. Fantastic, it was about time for afternoon tea and I admit I was feeling a little peckish. After all, what is gingerbread for if not to eat…?

Well, as I was modestly claiming “oh I couldn’t possibly eat all that” but secretly thinking “…but I’d give it a good nudge”, I was informed that no, it is not for eating, it is to hang as decoration during Christmas time (!!!!).

So I now have this lovely tantalising gingerbread heart dangling just out of biting range above my desk, where the delicious wafting smell is making my tummy rumble. And here it will remain for the next 3 weeks until it Christmas, when it will be so hard and covered in dust it will be inedible. Only in Norway!
Emma.

3 comments:

  1. Have now seemed both your comment on my blog and the sms. We could do as said on the sms, but if it gets to crowded we will just rent a car. No worries. Can't text since have shitty norweigan phone company but we're having a grand time over here!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step 1. Make a cardboard cutout and decorate it in a similiar fashion.
    Step 2. Replace Real Gingerbread with cardboard cutout.
    Step 3. Eat entire gingerbread yourself and enjoy......

    God Jul,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete