Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Local lasses and more!

Ok - I give in. After numerous and repeated requests, it is time to show the boys back home some of the local produce! Now perhaps not all of these pics fit the criteria of being exactly local (USA femail beach volleyball team for instance) but I'm sure no blokes are complaining!


Before I get in trouble from Em, I thought I best put a pic of her up - isn't she gorgeous! This was from the beach volleyball 2 weeks ago. We got given hats as we entered which saved us from serious sunburn. Unfortunately the sun has been hidden from view over ever since!


I was impressed by the skills of the US team! I was actually only taking this shot to test out my new Zoom lens. By the way - it works!


No one was really watching the game but I am told that the US team won!


The crowd was enjoying themselves!


The crowd was also enjoying the crowd!


There was some other Aussie contingents in the crowd (you don't have to go too far to hear an Aussie accent - but it is still nice all the same).


This is a good shot of the action.


Ryan and I in the crowd (the problem with a big zoom lens is you have to be quite far away to not show every crevice in the subject!)


Here is also a shot from a couple of months ago at one of the football games I have been playing in. The surface is not called grass but is called Groose and is no substitute in my opinion.


Even though I may look the part - Football (Soccer) is really not my strongest suit - but it is good fun and a good bonding experience.

Oh and by the way - whoever commented on DH's beautiful actress experience - it would be wrong of me to inform you of who it was he wrote the song about - just as it would be very wrong of me to inform you about the popular Australian singer who he is going out with! ;-)

Ha det!

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys,

    I haven't read your blog in ages. I see you tried to call. I think we were in Japan then...

    Looks like things are going famously for you both. The house looks amazing and I'm very jealous that summer is upon you - while we enjoy an incredibly cold winter!!!

    In exciting news with us, I have been offered a job in Canberra, so we are moving in the next few months. I'll probably go first and Francis will follow after the wedding.

    Otherwise not much else to report. Wedding plans are all fine. We picked up my wedding ring on Monday, I love it so much I can't believe I have to wait 6 months to wear it!

    Anyway, better dash.

    lots of love Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete